Friday, March 31, 2006

Now that's a first!

Here's the set-up

It's about 0845 or so. I'm sitting in front of the computer working on some paper thing (obvious how much I care, isn't it?). I've got "Believe" by Cher blaring. I'm only on my first cup of coffee. Y'know... I'm all, "**blink** whoa, hang on... what?" I am like that some mornings. Some mornings i'm bouncing around, greeting everyone and who needs coffee? I mean, its good, but I don't need it! WOOHOO! Not this morning. So, yeah. Sitting there, minding my own business when dad walks over. He stands next to me, facing me, and tells me to turn down my music. That's understandable. He HATES Cher. So, I turn it down. He's still standing there. I look up at him with that "what?" look.
"I need to tell you something, Farrah"
"**oh no, what did I do?** Yeah?"
"You matter... a lot."
"**blink**"

That is the first time... ever... that dad has told me that. I don't know what to do with that information. He... he thinks I matter?

I matter?

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephonovich said...

That is the most stupendous news I've heard in a very long time. Definitely a good start to the day.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you matter. Maybe the guy is finally waking up to see what an amazing person you are. The angels are with you... Love Beth xx

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home